Available now in Bangkok Chiang Mai, Khon Kaen and Phuket along with new deals for packages and smartphones discount worth 23 million THB
- dtac TURBO operates on 2300 MHz spectrum in cooperation with TOT, allowing for 5G-ready TDD technology and giving customers a smoother, more stable experience when surfing the internet, watching videos, and using social networks. dtac TURBO is available in areas within Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Khon Kaen, and Phuket with dense mobile traffic and will be rapidly expanded to other areas across the country thereafter.
- To celebrate the launch of dtac TURBO, dtac has specially designed new deals for internet packages and smartphones. Non-Stop Internet packages for postpaid customers provide maximum speeds for data-hungry users, while allowing unused data allowances to be rolled over to the next month. Super Max-Net packages for prepaid customers provide the largest internet quotas, and also benefit from the full speed of dtac’s new spectrum. Super Speed Super Sale offers smartphones with discounts of up to 15,000 THB, alongside special deals with 10,000 coupons and on top of 2,300 THB each, a cumulative discount worth 23 million THB at dtac Hall locations nationwide.
As part of the new spectrum launch, dtac rewards is also bringing new privileges to dtac customers at its more than 25,000 retail partners nationwide.
June 6, 2018 – dtac has launched ‘dtac TURBO’, a new 4G TDD network with 60 MHz of bandwidth, the nation’s widest single block of spectrum. The TDD (time division duplexing) technology provides smooth data transmission even during peak periods and is available now at a fast-growing number of cell sites. Service availability for a specific location can be checked by calling *2300# or visiting www.dtac.co.th/network. dtac has launched a new commercial series with Mr. Naphat Siangsomboon as a presenter. The ads are available now on YouTube, online advertising media, and media banners.https://youtu.be/BVuseBXMB1U
Mr. Lars Norling, CEO of Total Access Communication PLC. or dtac, said, “dtac is launching our 2300 MHz service under the name ‘dtac TURBO’, to affirm its extreme efficiency. dtac TURBO will appear on phones as dtac-T, a clear sign to our customers that they are getting the best data network in Thailand. Our roll-out strategy is to provide this service first in the areas where internet data usage is the highest. This is why were first launching in Bangkok and major provinces such as Chiang Mai in the North, Khon Kaen in the Northeast, and Phuket in the South. Then, we will expand the service to other areas, even in small districts. Our launch is according to plan, and we are confident our customers will love how much smoother their network experience will be on dtac TURBO.”
dtac TURBO operates on previously unused spectrum to solve Thailand’s insufficient bandwidth mobile internet data usage. Moreover, the 4G TDD technology it uses is a first in Thailand, while its 60MHz bandwidth is the widest single block of spectrum. This makes dtac TURBO the best suited network for the extremely rapidly rising mobile internet usage of Thai people. dtac TURBO is a critical upgrade for Thailand’s high-speed internet infrastructure and a historic milestone for the digital transformation of Thailand. The high-speed internet services on this new spectrum are already available in key urban areas and will reach additional data usage hotspots nationwide very soon.
“Looking forward, dtac TURBO puts dtac in a position of strength, as we now have amply sufficient high-band spectrum, 2100 MHz and 2300 MHz, to provide superior data network capacity, which more than meets our customers’ needs. With the rapid rollout of dtac TURBO, we will soon have the number one data network in Thailand,” Mr. Norling added.
Mr. Panya Vechbanyongratana, Chief Commercial Officer, dtac, said, “The huge demand for online streaming has helped increase the number of 4G subscribers and active 4G devices in the dtac network to 8.5 million (or 39 percent of our total mobile subscriber base) and 11.9 million (or 55 percent of total mobile subscriber base), respectively. Additionally, the proportion of smartphone users in dtac network is at 75 percent. dtac also offered a campaign to trade in 2G phones for 3G and 4G devices in order to better meet customers’ demand of internet usage. dtac expects that dtac TURBO will fully support the rapid growth of mobile internet usage.”
According to the global digital report in early 2018 by We Are Social (www.wearesocial.com), there are over 93.61 million mobile internet connections with an average daily usage time of 4.56 hours. Thailand is one of the world leaders in high-speed mobile internet daily usage. The analysis of mobile internet usage behavior of Thai people shows that Thai people consume the most and second-most data on chat app and video, respectively. Thailand is also one of the top countries for YouTube watch time.
Mr. Panya Vechbanyongratana added, “Presently, the demand for high-speed internet access is high. Customers want it to be faster and smoother than ever. Thus, the sales and marketing strategy for the launch of a new spectrum, dtac TURBO, is to provide the internet packages for postpaid and prepaid customers, including great deals for smartphones.”
- Non-Stop Internet packages for postpaid customers: Get free extra internet for any package subscription. The unused internet can be rolled over to the next month and packages start from only 599 THB. The promotion includes ‘Super Speed Super Sale’ deals with smartphone discounts of up to 15,000 THB. For more details, please visit http://www.dtac.co.th/postpaid/products/super-non-stop.html.
- Super Max-Net, add-on packages for prepaid customer. Non-Stop Internet at maximum speed. For more details, please visitwww.dtac.co.th/prepaid.
- ‘Super Speed Super Sale’, hot deals for smartphones, special deals with 10,000 coupons of 2,300 THB each, granting discounts on smartphones worth a total of 23 million THB at dtac Halls nationwide. For more details, please visit www.dtac.co.th/device.
dtac TURBO is now available in select areas identified with ‘dtac-T’ banners. To check the service availability, please call *2300# or visitwww.dtac.co.th/network.
For additional questions regarding dtac TURBO, dtac’s Chief Technology Officer, Prathet Tankuranun, will be answering questions on the dtac community board, at https://goo.gl/ri8oAW, on Friday, Jun 8, 17:00-17:30.