PHUKET, THAILAND – Thanyapura Phuket, in cooperation with Supersports, Thailand’s leading sports retailer, will organise the third edition of the Supersports 10 Mile International Run in March 2017, with an expected crowd of over 3,000 runners.
This challenging race is open to runners of all ages, featuring four running distances and categories:
- The signature 10 mile run includes five age categories starting from age 15
- The 5 mile run is open to participants aged 12 and older
- The 2 mile open run for runners of all ages
- 500 meter fun run for young runners up to 12 years old
The race date is set for March 19, 2017, with the first competitors kicking off the run at 6:00 am. The award ceremony is set for 7:30 am. Competitors of the 5 and 10 mile races will receive a race kit which includes a T-shirt and BiB number, and a commemorative medal at the end of the ceremony. The top three finishers of the 10 and 5 mile categories will be awarded a trophy. The top three overall Thai and international winners of the 10 mile run are rewarded cash prizes. The total prize pool is valued at THB 110,000.
Registration fee starts at:
- 450 Baht for the fun run (400 Baht for teams)
- 450 Baht for 2 mile run (400 Baht for teams)
- 500 Baht for 5 Mile run (450 Baht for teams)
- 600 Baht for 10 Mile run (550 Baht for teams)
- An early bird discount applies for registrations before 10 January, 2017.
- Interested persons are encouraged to register online atwww.Supersports.co.th, www.thanyapuracom or by contacting[email protected] for more information.
The race takes runners through Phuket’s beautiful lush settings, stunning sunrises, and backroads on the island’s northern side. The unique race is inspired by track and field’s earliest days in ancient Greece, when Olympians measured contested races in feet and miles. This method gave runners a chance to achieve a personal best over another distance. This year’s sponsors include New Balance, Johnson Health Tech (Thailand), Krungthai Card Public Co. Ltd (KTC), Family Mart, 89.75 Radio Trip, Khao Phuket, and Anda Focus.