PHUKET, THAILAND – Marriott International is bringing back the successful Run to Give Charity Run which takes place at Bangwad Dam in Kathu, Phuket on 23 September 2018. Going into its seventh year, Run to Give Phuket raises funds for Pun Fun Pun Yim Foundation and Maha Jakri Sirinthorn’s Children Development Project in remote locations.
Run to Give is a key event in Thailand, under the company’s “TakeCare” initiative, which aims to encourage the local community to participate in a run for charity. The run seeks to promote physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing while creating a positive impact on the communities Marriott International operates in.
Run to Give takes place at Bangwad Dam and features three race categories:
- Fun Run 3.5 km (THB 300, limited to 1,400 runners, open to all genders and ages)
- Mini Marathon 10.5 km (THB 350, limited to 1,200 runners, open to runners over the age of 20)
- Half Marathon 21 km (THB 400, limited to 400 runners, open to runners over the age of 20)
The schedule of events are as followed:
- 05.00 am – Warm up and stretching
- 05.30 am – Start of the 21 km
- 06.00 am – Start of the 10.5 km
- 06.15 am – Start of the 3.5 km
- 06.30 am – Lucky Draw
- 08.00 am – Award Ceremony
Top finishers receive a trophy while every participant is entitled to a medal, running bag, a shirt and refreshments. Online registration is available atwww.phuketoftevents.com/?page=runtogive or www.facebook.com/runtogive2018phuket.
Run to Give’s sponsors are: Nok Air, CP Rice, Betagro, Nuboon, KCG/Phuket food & Sausage, ete, Banana Boat, Dutch Mill and Siam Food.